Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Storyboards & Styleframes..

Here is a storyboard and 2 styleframes. One of the quotes I would like to use by Gershin is "Life is a lot like jazz, it's best when you improvise." I was inspired by the idea of animating the artists's quotes to the music after looking at the online kinetic type gallery done by students at Carnegie Melon, as previously mentioned. So to begin, I created storyboards (still frames) of to show what the movement of the type might look like. I took the first word of the quote, life, to create a 6-frame storyboard. The beginning of Rhapsody in Blue starts off with two notes going back and forth, they build up momentum, and then escalate up to a much higher note. So, in the storyboards, the letters being far apart, then starts rotating towards each other, collide, and then in frame 6 the letter 'e' escalates off into the distance.

Below the storyboard are 2 simple style frames. I am contemplating using a very simple, serifed, classical typeface and then trying to create an environment for the type using background color, lighting effects, motion blur, etc. I chose the color blue not only because the name of the song, but because of the way the song feels. It has a lot of "blue notes" in it, which is a jazz term that refers to the key that it is played in. This is just simple now, and it will develop much more once I start to animate.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?