Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Motion Graphics: Playing with effects...

The assignment was to just play around with effects in after effects. So I took the opportunity to animate one of my storyboards from my broadcasting class. I also took the opportunity to use really cheesy effects in After Effects and just get them out of my system....a.k.a lens flares and glows. I'm sorry but I love that stuff, but apparently high-end designers do not get paid anything for using lo-fi animation presets! P.S. ignore the about the last 5 seconds it is terrible!

Anyways...I really enjoy jazz music and I have always wanted to do a motion graphics piece using music by John Coltraine. This is just a quick little exercise I did using the write-on effect. I really would like to continue to develop this piece one day when I have free time (what's free time these days?). The song is 13 minutes long so maybe I will finish it by the time I get out of this program.

Enjoy..

No comments: